CLEAR is an application that can be downloaded and installed
on your mobile devices and accessed online voluntarily and
facilitates the contact tracing process of the
Philippine Government. Upon your registration,
you consent for the CLEAR mobile application to exchange
Bluetooth and GPS signals with nearby phones running the
same CLEAR application and the CLEAR online site to gather
This allows you to be informed if you were in prolonged physical proximity with an infected person. While this is an urgent public health emergency, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring you have control over your data.
The Data Controller of this application is the Philippine Government thru the auspices of DOST and DICT. Joint Controllers are as follows:
- Technical Working Group of the Philippine Government
Data Processor are as follows:
- Spring Valley Tech Corp and Compos Mentis Inc. – Vendor and Creator of the application
- Barangay Officials
WE STORE LIMITED DATA:
We have limited collection and that only consist of your mobile
number in partnership of Globe Telecom and Smart we have whitelisted
the phone numbers for security reasons. A random anonymized user
id is also generated using hash technology when you sign up. Both
mobile numbers and user id is stored in a secure cloud server and
never shown in public.
We also collect the following:
- Birthdate for computation of age
- Travel History
- Employer Name of any
- Patient Information in contact with a known patient
Data about phones near you does not reveal personal identities
When you are close to another phone running CLEAR, both phones use Bluetooth to exchange a Temporary ID. This Anonymized Temporary ID is generated by encrypting the User ID with a private key held by the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT). It can only be decrypted by DICT, and does not reveal your identity or the other person's identity.
Other third-party services will not be able to track your identity
The Temporary ID that your phone exchanges with nearby phones is refreshed at regular intervals. The lack of a persistent identifier means it is impossible for third parties to identify or track you.
Your data will only be used for COVID-19 contact tracing
When you grant DICT access to your CLEAR data, this data will be used solely for contact tracing of persons possibly exposed to COVID-19.
We understand your rights as a data subject and we adhere to the rights of every citizen with the following rights:
- Right to Informed
- Right to be Object
- Right to Access
- Right to Portability
- Right to Correct
- Right to Block / Remove
- Right to Complaint
- Right to be indemnified
If you provide us with Data:
- We may share, transfer and disclose Data with Approved Service Providers and relevant third party service providers in connection with your Use of CLEAR, unless such sharing is prohibited by written law; and
- For your convenience, we may also display to you Data you had previously supplied us. This will speed up the transaction(s) and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should such displayed Data be out-of-date, you shall be required to supply the latest Data through the relevant functionality in CLEAR without delay.
Data of third party individuals
- In the course of your Use of CLEAR, we may collect
Data relating to other individuals from you.
- You shall, prior to disclosing to us such
Data relating to other individuals -
- Notify these individuals (i) that you will be providing their personal data to us; and (ii) of the Purposes for which we will be collecting, using, disclosing and processing their personal data, as set out in this Privacy Statement and as notified by us to you from time to time; and
- Obtain the consent from the individuals whose personal data are being disclosed, permitting (i) you to disclose the personal data to us; and (ii) us to collect, use, disclose and process these individuals' personal data, for the Purposes.
You represent and warrant that -
- The personal data that you will be providing us or have provided us is, complete, accurate, true and correct; and
- You have the valid authority and consent from these individuals to act on their behalf and provide their personal data to us to collect, use, disclose and process for the Purposes.
- You shall, prior to disclosing to us such Data relating to other individuals -
How we handle and manage your Data
- Your Data may be stored in servers, systems or devices owned, operated or managed by us, a relevant Third Party or any third party service provider engaged by us or a relevant Third Party, or on your Device, and may be used by us (or our third party service providers) and Approved Service Providers to facilitate your Use of CLEAR.
- You may withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of Data by us with reasonable notice; however, doing so may prevent proper Use of CLEAR, or any part thereof and may also result in the cessation of your Use of CLEAR, or any part thereof. We may retain, use, disclose and process your Data for any of the Purposes set out herein where permitted under any applicable law